Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Sextuplets Arrived!

     I received such a wonderful surprise today. Tonight when I left to pick our daughter up from the train station I thought it was just an ordinary school night. We made a quick stop at the grocery store on the way home so that she would have all the supplies she needed to make some cookies for a dear friend that just got out of the hospital. So instead of coming in our front door like we normally do, we entered the house through the garage. In response to our called out greeting to Birdman, we heard "Damn. You ruined the surprise."
Puzzled I went from the kitchen into the livingroom. Sitting just inside the front door was a new birdcage containing six zebra finches. Birdman had placed it so that I would spot the cage as I entered the house if I had come in through the front door. 
     It seems that these six beauties are actually a rescue of a rescue. One of our neighbors had rescued them from an aquaintance of his about a month ago. While he enjoys them, they are a little more then his wife wanted to have around the house since they have two toddlers under two years old. Our neighbor often visits our backyard and has even given tours of it to his family and friends.  He knew that we would gladly welcome these birds into our flock.  Plus he was positive that he would have visitation rights.
     These finches are absolutely beautiful!  It took less then a moment for them to steal my heart.  They are all very comfortable around people and cameras.  I grabbed my camera and took a few quick shots.  I swear two of the birds posed for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment